GF Fathers Day Brunch
Sensitive Sweets Cinnamon French Toast
·8 slices of Sensitive Sweets cinnamon gluten-free bread
- ·4 beaten eggs
- ·1/2 - 3/4 cup milk (rice milk or coconut milk)
- ·1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- ·1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ·Grapeseed or Canola oil for frying
- ·1 tablespoon powdered sugar for dusting
Preparation: Combine eggs, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla in a shallow bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended. Dip slices of homemade breakfast bread in the egg mixture. Allow both sides of bread to soak up as much egg mixture as it will hold. Heat oil on medium high in a large, heavy skillet and fry coated bread slices. When golden brown, flip and cook second side until golden brown. Serve with butter and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Chicken-Apple Sausage Patties
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet apple, such as Gala or Honeycrisp, peeled and diced
- 1 pound ground organic chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel fennel seed, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add apples and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool for 5 minutes. Wipe out the pan.
- Add chicken, sage, sugar, fennel, salt and pepper to the bowl with the apples and onions. Gently mix to combine.
- Generously coat the pan with cooking spray and heat over medium. Using a 1/3-cup measure, scoop 4 portions of the sausage mixture into pan, flattening each into a 3-inch patty. Cook until the patties are browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning. Coat the pan with cooking spray again and repeat with remaining sausage mixture.